SENSORS ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE 2009 “BEST OF SENSORS EXPO” AWARDS
BEST OF BREED SOLUTIONS ARE AT THE FOREFRONT OF INNOVATION
ROSEMONT, IL, June 10, 2009 – Questex Media Group, Inc. today announced the recipients of the Sensors 2009 “Best of Sensors Expo” Awards, honoring the most exciting new products on display at Sensors Expo & Conference, taking place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL.
Melanie Martella, Executive Editor of Sensors, presented gold, silver, bronze, and honorable mention awards to 16 exhibitors in three categories: Sensors; Sensor Components; and Data Acquisition Products. Exhibitors submitted new product nominations and entries were judged on the basis of potential impact, application, distinctiveness, timeliness, and availability.
In addition to Martella, this year’s panel of judges comprised Ed Ramsden, member of the Sensors Editorial Advisory Board and principal of Sensorlytics LLC, and Deborah Lickness of John Deere.
“All of the nominations demonstrated exceptional innovation, integration, and ease-of-use and all of them addressed real needs. We believe this year’s winners will be leaders in the sensors marketplace and offer our congratulations to the companies recognized,” said Martella. The following is a list of award recipients.
- Category: Sensors – DTS’ 6DX rugged, ultra-small 6 degrees of freedom sensor
- Category: Data Acquisition Products – MicroStrain Inc.’s HS-LINK high-speed wireless sensor node
- Category: Sensor Components – Powercast Corp.’s P2100 Powerharvester energy harvesting module
- Category: Sensors – SBG Systems’ IG-500N miniature Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Category: Data Acquisition Products – HBM – LDS Test and Measurement’s GEN5i portable, high-speed DA and transient recorder
- Category: Sensor Components – MicroStrain Inc.’s 3DM-GX3-25 miniature AHRS
- Category: Sensors – Infinite Power Solutions Inc.’s INFINERGY Micro Power Module micropower storage device
- Category: Sensors – Moog Inc.’s LifeGuard IQ air bubble detector
- Category: Sensor Components – Cymbet Corp.’s EnerChip EH energy harvesting module, Model CBC500 and EVAL-08
- Category: Sensors – Kionix Inc.’s KXTF9 triaxial accelerometer with Directional Tap/Double-Tap
- Category: Sensors – Silicon Sensing Systems’ CRS09 rugged MEMS gyroscope
- Category: Sensors – VTI Technologies Inc.’s CMA3000 tiny, low-power MEMS accelerometer
- Category: Data Acquisition Products – National Instruments’ Wi-Fi- data acquisition devices
- Category: Sensors – Endevco Corp.’s 7264G crash accelerometer
- Category: Sensors – EPCOS Inc.’s T5300 digital MEMS barometric pressure sensor
- Category: Sensors – Sensortechnics Inc.’s CLC capacitive level sensor
Best of Sensors Expo award winners will be featured on the Sensors Web site at www.sensorsmag.com.
Sensors is the premier publication dedicated to sensors, supporting technologies, and their applications. Serving an audience of 195,000 spanning online and e-mail newsletters, Sensors’ integrated media offers greater access to targeted news, analysis, and technical information surrounding sensors and related technologies. Reaching high-tech professionals in the sensing community, including product and system design engineers, production engineers, and managers, Sensors delivers focused news, trends, and product reviews in the areas of: Process Industries; Automotive; Electronics and Computers; Machine Manufacturing; Aerospace, Military, and Homeland Security; Specialty Markets; and Wireless and M2M. For more information visit www.sensorsmag.com.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Sensors Expo & Conference is the leading sensor event in North America exclusively focusing on sensors and sensor-integrated systems. The conference program is dedicated to exploring the most up-to-date innovations in sensor technology including physical sensors, sensor networks, biosensors, MEMS/nanotechnology, instrumentation & controls, intelligent systems, machine-to- machine communication, wireless sensing and IT technology. Sensors Expo & Conference identifies cutting-edge trends, explores them in an information-packed conference program and reflects those trends throughout the exhibit floor with new product announcements, technology focused tours, and a showcase of hundreds of products and services. For more information visit www.sensorsexpo.com.
About Questex Media Group, Inc.
Questex Media Group, Inc is a global, diversified business-to-business media organization serving multiple industries including hotel and hospitality, travel, technology, beauty, spa, among numerous other specialty industries with its well-established, market-leading, events, publications, digital and interactive media, research, and other marketing and media related services. The company’s combined operations include approximately 450 employees in offices throughout North America, South America, Asia and Europe. For more information, visit www.questex.com.